Gallery

STORY: The Youth Corp and the Virgin Girl - Episode Ten & Eleven



THE YOUTH CORP AND THE VIRGIN

Episode 10

She then said Aww! How sweet you know what? Let me have your number. Meanwhile, lets go meet up with our friends over there. I then gave her my business card and she was like. Wow! Segun , you here? I have always known you were special.
After the reception, I dropped her home and when I got home I called her and we spent over an hour talking on the phone. We kept on talking for long over the week and the prospect of Oyiza and I starting a relationship grew by the day. We decided to fix a date the following weekend and we chose Saturday. So, on that day we went to a nice restaurant to have lunch. We cracked school jokes and talked about old times. It was a wonderful moment. I then asked her Oyiza about your business. How much will it cost you to relocate and restructure your business? She said well, it will cost me N350,000.
I then reached out to my small bag and brought out my cheque book. Then she said.
Segun. What do you think yo are doing? I told her. I am writing you a cheque of N350,000? She then said. I cant take it, I am sorry, I just can’t take it. I said. It’s a loan,
You can pay me when you ready to. She said How much interest? I then said. N1
She lauded, hugged me and that was it. I really wanted to do something very important in her life, so she would know that I was very concerned about her future.
When I got home my mum called. She wanted to know my next move. Obviously marriage, I told her about Oyiza and she wanted to see her the following weekend. I then told Oyiza if she would like to pay my home a visit and meet my family. She delightfully welcomed it. She came over and my mum really liked her. They talked for over an hour and I even felt left out. It was a good thing. She had lunch with us and she also helped in washing the dishes, my mum was so proud of her, even though it was their first meeting.
After I had dropped Oyiza off at her place I got back home and my mum called me. She said, Oyiza is a good lady, she will make an awesome wife. She’s creative, she’s got her own business, and she’s going to have time to run and maintain her home, have time for the kids. I mean what else do you need? I said I know Oyiza is wonderful. She then said when are you proposing to her? You better do it soon before someone else does. I then said. Well, we will be traveling to Asaba in 3 weeks for her friend’s wedding. I think that will do it.




THE YOUTH CORP AND THE VIRGIN

Episode 11

We will be traveling to Asaba in 3 weeks, for her friends wedding. I think that will do it. My mom said, Good! Make sure you do your thing. Oyiza and I became so close, I went to see her family and they gave me a warm welcome, her siblings were so friendly.
Things were getting more and more interesting.
We travelled to Asaba for the wedding. I had with me the engagement ring and I was praying she would say yes, a part of me was sure. She decided we stay in different hotel rooms because she told me she was still a virgin that she needed to keep till that special night, I felt so lucky. After the church ceremony at the reception, I gave someone my phone to make sure he captured the moment. I then called Oyiza attention. Oyiza, as I knelt down with the ring, she said Oh my God . I then asked her will you marry me? She covered her eyes and screamed Yes! I will.
To my surprise, people around were clapping and that made me very uncomfortable. After the event we headed back to our hotel rooms and I called my mum telling her the good news. My mum was really glad. That night, I went on Facebook to post the proposal picture. I noticed I had several unread mails so I took my time to read them. There was one mail that took my attention the most. The sender didnt have a profile picture so I went ahead to read the mail. It said, Please are you the Segun that served in Kogi over a year ago? Please call this number ********** Titi.
I felt very disturbed and I called the number immediately. Unfortunately the phone was switched off. I checked when the message was sent and it was about 4 months ago.
I got back to Lagos and kept on trying the number with no success. On Wednesday morning it rang. I waited to hear the voice and it was Titis. I then said, Oh Jesus, Titi I just saw your mail. Are you okay? She began to sob. Segun please come and help me. I need your help now more than ever . I then said. I dont get you Titi is everything alright? She said, nothing is alright, please come I need your help. I then said to her. I work now, I wont be chanced to travel. She then said. How about Saturday? It’s very important. The line then went off.
Memories of Titi came back, I was confused and very bothered about her situation. I kept on calling but the phone was switched off. I then sent a text message to her telling her I would be coming on Saturday but will leave on Sunday morning because I had to prepare to travel to Port Harcourt on Wednesday on an official assignment. She responded the following day with the address and her location. I had made arrangements with a driver to take me there with my car and I told Oyiza I was going on a business meeting at Abuja. I left very early in the morning and I got there around 11:30am. The location was a church far inside the town, it wasn’t easy locating it. I saw Titi by the gate of the church, standing. She looked pale and mucky, she had lost weight and she looked very unpleasant and troubled. I came down from the car and she ran towards me. She embraced me and said Oh Segun. As she wept deeply. I held her back by her shoulders and said, Titi, please talk to me what is wrong?
She then said Come to the church with me and you will know everything.

No comments