Gallery

I Was Born To Do Music – Mya K

Mya-K 1


Maya Emem Kinlock, aka Mya K, is a young girl of 12 years but already, she has taken the music world by storm. Born to an Akwa Ibom State mother and a British father, the young music star is a rare breed and great export of Akwa Ibom to the world. According to her, she is quite comfortable being a star musician as well as a dedicated scholar who is on a scholarship given to her by her UK school for her excellence in the arts. Mya already has about 8 single tracks where she featured the likes of Jaywon and Vector The Viper and will soon drop an album. She bared her mind to Isaac Dachen in this compelling interview.
A few years ago, you were just a kid star trying to break into the music scene. Now you are all grown up and you are one of the most sought after star. What has the transition been like?
I think that in my journey in the industry, I am still trying to find out who I am, what I want my image to be and I think that going through that journey has helped me a lot so far. Now, I can say that though I am still young, I am more mature and I know how to deal with things now.

Going into music at such a very young age could be quite a challenge. Did you actually have a normal childhood?
Yeah, I had a normal childhood and I don’t think I missed that because I am doing something that I love. I won’t say my childhood was not normal because what am doing is what I love and has always loved.

No comments